May 13, 1917 – The first of the six apparitions of the Madonna
On May 13, 1917, Sunday before the Ascension, after having attended Mass, Lucia, Francesco and Giacinta lead the flock to graze in a place called “Cova da Iria”. After eating the snack and recited the S. Rosario begin to play when Suddenly they see a flash; thinking that a storm is coming, they start to go home with the flock. Shortly afterwards they see another flash and, after a few steps, they see above a small holm oak, a Lady dressed all in white, brighter than the sun.
Sister Lucy, in her fourth memorial of 1941, recounts: “We were so close to her that we were in the light that surrounded her or rather emanated from her, perhaps only a meter and a half away, more or less” .
Then Our Lady told us:
– Do not be afraid! I will not hurt you
Where are you from? I asked her.
– I’m from Heaven
And what do you want from us?
“I have come to ask you to come here for six months in a row, on the 13th of every month at this very hour. Later I will tell you who I am and what I want. Then I’ll still come here a seventh time
And I will go to Heaven?
– Yes, you will go there
– She too
– And Francesco?
– Even him. But he will have to recite many rosaries
I then remembered to ask a question about two girls who had recently died. They were my friends and they came to our house to learn how to weave with my older sister.
– Maria das Neves, is she already in Heaven?
– Yes, there is (it seems to me that he was about 15 years old)
– Ed Amalia?
– It must remain in Purgatory until the end of the world (it seems to me that it could be 18 or 20 years)
– Do you want to offer yourselves to God to endure all the sufferings that He will send you, in the act of reparation for the sins for which he is offended, and of supplication for the conversion of sinners?
– Yes, we want it, of course!
– You will therefore have much to suffer, but the grace of God will be your comfort
It was by saying these last words that the Madonna first opened her hands [until then she had held her hands together] and communicated to us, by means of a kind of reflection emanating from her, a light so intimate that, penetrating into the our heart, and to the very depth of our soul, made us see ourselves in God, who was this light, more clearly than we see in a mirror.
Then, due to an internal impulse that was also communicated to us, we fell on our knees and we repeated from the bottom of our heart:
O Most Holy Trinity, I adore you! My God, my God, I love you in the Most Holy Sacrament!
After a few moments, Our Lady added:
Recite the Rosary every day to get peace, for the end of the war!
Then he began to rise gently, in the direction of the east, until it disappeared in the immensity of the sky.
SINCE YOU ARE HERE: We have a small favor to ask. More people are reading Mystic Post than ever but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Mystic Post's independent journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective too. Our Mission is to bring the devotion of Our Lady's Immaculate heart into people's homes, the public square, and throughout the world. Your donation is vitally important at this time. The world needs Our Lady like never before..Please join us!
FROM THE CHANNEL YOU TUBE OF THE DRAFTING OF PAPABOYS
CHRONOLOGY OF FATIMA APPARITIONS
- 1914-1915 – The first three appearances of the Guardian Angel
- 1916 – Apparitions of the Angel at Fatima
- May 13, 1917: The first of the six Apparitions of Our Lady at Fatima
- June 13, 1917: The second of the six Apparitions of Our Lady to the Cova da Iria
- July 13, 1917 – The third of the six Apparitions of Our Lady at the Cova da Iria
- August 13, 1917 – Lucia, Francesco, and Giacinta are kidnapped and kidnapped. The presence of Our Lady at the Cova da Iria.
- 19 August 1917 – The fourth of the six apparitions of Our Lady in Valinhos (instead of the Cova da Iria)
- September 13, 1917 – The fifth of the six apparitions of Our Lady at the Cova da Iria
- October 13, 1917 – The sixth of the six apparitions of Our Lady at the Cova da Iria
By the Editorial Staff Papaboys – Graphic of Costanza Cavallaro