The 15 promises of the Holy Rosary, given to Alano de la Roche (now Blessed), date back to the year 1475, the last year of the Dominican’s life, who wrote the “Apology of the Rosary of Mary”, addressing the Bishop of Tournai , Monsignor Ferrico.
In the “Apology of the Rosary of Mary”, Friar Alano told what had happened to him in the previous eleven years of his life.
He was considered a great theologian and a devout Marian, “The said father … for a long time he used to offer the Rosary of Mary, in an assiduous daily devotion to God, through the advocated Mary, Mother of God”.
This was what he wrote about himself, speaking in the third person. But Brother Alano was also continually tried and tempted by the devil.
Friar Alano de la Roche against the devil
For 7 long years, in fact, he was unable to silence his harassment, so much so that he even went so far as to think of leaving the consecrated life and attempting suicide:“Already, in fact, alas, the attempted’s outstretched hand, having extracted the knife, he bent his arm and with a sharp blade, he threw to his throat a blow so determined and certain from death, that certainly would have caused, without any delay or doubt, the cut of the throat “.
It was at that moment that, for the first time, the Madonna appeared to him, telling him not to even think about taking off the life that God had given him, but rather to turn to her, to defend himself from the devil.
The temptations did not cease immediately after that apparition and Friar Alano became seriously ill, so much so that he had to receive extreme unction.
Thus, one night, he decided to invoke the Virgin Mary. She appeared to him again: ” In reciting the Rosary of Mary she was particularly bright, of an admirable joy combined with an inexplicable joy”.
Friar Alano de La Roche: this was revealed to Mary
In a subsequent apparition, then, Our Lady revealed to him the 15 promises, which attest to all the gifts that will be received by those who faithfully recite the Holy Rosary assiduously. The Virgin then asked the Friar: ” Preach the things you have seen and heard . Have no fear; I am with you; I will help you and all my changers. I will chastise those who oppose you. “
And so he did, for the rest of his life.
The promises of the Madonna for those who recite the Holy Rosary
1. Whoever will serve me constantly by reciting my Rosary, will receive some special grace . 2. To all those who devoutly recite my Rosary, I promise my special protection and great graces.
3. The Rosary will be a powerful weapon against Hell, it will destroy the vices, dispel sin and destroy the heresies.
4. The Rosary will make the virtue and the holy works flourish again, will bring to the souls most abundant mercies of God and will pull the hearts of men, from the vain love of the world to the love of God, and will raise them to the desire of eternal things. How many souls will be saved by this means!
5. The soul that is recommended to me with the Rosary will not perish.
6. Whoever piously recites the Holy Rosary with the consideration of his Sacred Mysteries, will not be oppressed by misfortunes, will not be punished by the justice of God, will not die of sudden death: but he will convert if a sinner, and will be preserved in grace if right, and it will be made worthy of eternal life.
7. The true devotees of my Rosary will not die without the Blessed Sacraments.
8. I want those who recite my Rosary in life and, in death, to have the fullness of graces and, in life and in death, be admitted to participate in the merits of the Blessed of Paradise.
9. Every day I am free from Purgatory the souls devoted to my Rosary.
10. The true children of my Rosary will enjoy great glory in heaven.
11. All that you ask for my Rosary will arise.
12. Those who propagate my Rosary will be helped by me in all their needs.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son, that all the members of the Confraternity of the Rosary can have as their brothers all the heavenly court in life and in death.
14. Those who recite my Rosary are my children and brothers to my only-begotten Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion to my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.