Skip to content
SOURCE DAILY MAIL
- The driver forced his Jeep through the door of a church in Sonseca yesterday
- Police found him by the altar saying he believed he would only be safe there
- Photos inside the San Juan Evangelista church showed damaged pews and door
A Spanish motorist crashed his car into a church and drove up the aisle after claiming he had been possessed by the devil.
The man forced his Jeep through the door of the church in Sonseca in the early hours of yesterday morning.
Police say they found the man visibly disturbed next to the altar, claiming it was the only place he would be safe from his ‘possession’.
Pictures inside the San Juan Evangelista church showed the Jeep parked in the aisle with visible damage to the door and pews after the bizarre intrusion.
Mariano Perea, a spokesman for local police, said the man could not break through the door at first and was confronted by a passer-by.
A woman went to check on him, thinking he had had an accident, but he lowered his window and scared her away by shouting at her.
The woman then called the emergency services while the driver continued ramming into the church door until he finally broke through it, according to Spanish media.
When Civil Guard agents found the man next to the altar, he told them it was the only place he believed he would be safe.
The driver suffered several injuries and was taken to the Virgen de la Salud de Toledo hospital for observation by medics.
Parking spot: Pictures inside the San Juan Evangelista church showed the black vehicle parked in the aisle with visible damage to the door and pews
- Jesus and THE LAST TIMES – ” You will also hear, and you will also see, talk of wars and rumors of wars and they will say to you: “They are the signs of the end”. Don’t be upset. Jesus to Maria Valtorta
- When Mirjana learned the exact date the first Secret would be revealed…It was a very sad day