Panic buying hits New York City as anxious shoppers stock up on food and medical supplies after healthcare worker in her 30s becomes the Big Apple’s first confirmed coronavirus patient
- Shoppers have been seen scrambling for groceries at supermarkets in Brooklyn and Queens in New York
- Social media videos have emerged of people panic buying at a Chinese supermarket in Flushing, Queens
- Empty shelves were seen in grocery stores around New York amid fears of the spread of the coronavirus
- New York had its first case of the virus confirmed on Sunday as the national cases hit 89 and two deaths
- Two deaths confirmed in Kirkland, Washington, as patients at Life Care Center and EvergreenHealth hospital
Panic buying has hit New York with anxious shoppers clearing supermarket shelves as they stock up on food and medical supplies after a woman became the state’s first confirmed coronavirus case.
People started stockpiling items from stores over the weekend as authorities confirmed on Sunday that a healthcare worker in her 30s had been diagnosed with coronavirus.
The number of cases across the U.S. soared to 89 over the weekend with two confirmed deaths from the virus.
The two coronavirus-related deaths were confirmed in Washington state and included a resident at the Life Care Center nursing home and a patient at the EvergreenHealth hospital.
Comments on Fr. Goring’s video from You Tube
Catholics should go to confession at least once a month, no matter what, even without the scare of a virus.
I see other virus that is spreading and it is contagious it’s a FEAR along with everything that is attached to it. Anxiety, hopelessness, numbness, apathy, anger. Well that’s how masses are being controlled. Don’t panic, Que será será and memento mori
We should to confession anyway. We are far more likely to die on any given day in a car accident than by some random virus. The sacrament is truly a gift and it is given to us for our healing, freedom and happiness. Thanks be to God!❤️
Maybe a quick talk on examination of conscious and the Virtues in preparation for Confession. Thanks Fr.
Fr: if you go to confession now and die afterwards, you’ll go straight to Heaven Me: I dunno… I’m not so sure about that.. I mean I believe in complete forgiveness (that one is Crystal clear), but what about reparation for sins committed? Those souls who go to Purgatory, it’s because they did not make complete reparation for their sins. I am sorry this is not a challenge Fr, but please can you clarify me on that point?
Please follow and like us: