1. Angels are immortal. “Then he will say to those at his left hand, ‘You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.’” [Mt. 25:41] The eternal fire was prepared as a place of punishment for the angels who are immortal.
2. Angels possess understanding and free will. “For if God did not spare the angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of deepest darkness to be kept until the judgement…” [2 Peter 2:4] The angels had a free will and knew it when they were disobeying God by following Satan in his rebellion.
3. Angels are greater in might and power than any other creature. “Whereas angels, though greater in might and power, do not bring against them a slanderous judgment from the Lord.” [2 Peter 2:11]
4. Angels do not know God’s secrets or future plans. “For what human being knows what is truly human except the human spirit that is within? So also no one comprehends what is truly God’s exept the Spirit of God.” [1 Cor. 2:11]
5. Angels do not possess the knowledge of the human heart. “Then hear in heaven your dwelling place, forgive, act, and render to all whose hearts you know – according to all their ways, for only you know what is in every human heart.” [1 Kgs 8:39] Only God knows what is on the mind of human and the angels.
6. Angels cannot tell the future. “Remember the former things of old, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me.” [Is. 46:9]