Officers fight for their lives – and the FBI join the manhunt
- President Trump labeled the gunman who ambushed the deputies an ‘animal’
- The two deputies, a male and female officer with the Transit Services Bureau, were shot multiple times
- A male suspect opened fire after jumping off a bus at the Metro Blue Line station in Compton on Saturday
- Video released by the sheriff’s department shows the suspect walking up to the car and opening fire
- Both deputies were taken to a local hospital and have had surgery
- FBI has shared that they are now assisting in the search for the gunman
President Donald Trump called the man who opened fire on two Los Angeles deputies an ‘animal’ who needed to be ‘hit hard’ as the FBI was called in to help investigate the Saturday shooting.
Two Los Angeles sheriff’s deputies were shot in an ambush at a train station by a male suspect who then fled the scene, local outlets report.
The two deputies, a male and female officer with the Transit Services Bureau, were shot at the Metro Blue Line station at Willowbrook Avenue and Oak Street in Compton.
A male suspect got off a bus at the station and shot the deputies before fleeing the scene, KTTV reports.