15 Promises of the Holy Rosary in these last times
The Most Holy Virgin in these last times in which we live has given a new effectiveness to the recitation of the Rosary such that there is no problem, no matter how difficult it may be, or temporal or above all spiritual, in the personal life of each of us, of our families … that cannot be solved with the Rosary. There is no problem, I tell you, no matter how difficult it may be, that we cannot resolve with the prayer of the Rosary. ” Sister Lucia dos Santos. Seer of Fatima
Indulgences for the recitation of the Rosary
The plenary indulgence is granted to the faithful who: devoutly recite the Marian Rosary in church or oratory, or in the family, in a religious community, in an association of the faithful and in a general way when more faithful gather for an honest purpose; he devoutly joins the recitation of this prayer while it is done by the Supreme Pontiff, and transmitted by means of television or radio. In other circumstances, indulgence is partial.
These rules are established for the plenary indulgence attached to the recitation of the Marian Rosary: it is sufficient to recite the third part only; but the five decades must be recited without interruption, and the pious meditation of the mysteries must be added to the vocal prayer; in public recitation the mysteries must be announced according to the approved custom in force in the place; instead in the private one it is sufficient that the believer adds the meditation of the mysteries to the vocal prayer.From the Manual of Indulgences n ° 17 pages 67-68
Promises of the Madonna to the blessed Alano for the devotees of the Holy Rosary
1. To all those who pray my Rosary devoutly, I promise my special protection and very great graces.
2. He who perseveres in reciting my Rosary will receive some outstanding grace.
3. The Rosary will be a powerful defense against hell; it will destroy vices, free from sin, dispel heresies.
4. The Rosary will make virtues and good works flourish and will obtain for souls the most abundant divine mercies; it will replace in the hearts the love of God with the love of the world, elevating them to the desire of heavenly and eternal goods. How many souls will be sanctified by this means!
5. He who entrusts himself to me with the Rosary will not perish.
6. The one who will pray my Rosary devoutly, meditating on his mysteries, will not be oppressed by misfortune. Sinner, he will convert; just, he will grow in grace and become worthy of eternal life.
7. The true devotees of my Rosary will not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who recite my Rosary will find the light of God, the fullness of his graces, and the merits of the blessed during their lives and death.
9. I will promptly release the pious people of my Rosary from purgatory.
10. The true children of my Rosary will enjoy great glory in heaven.
11. What you will ask with my Rosary, you will get it.
12. Those who spread my Rosary will be helped by me in all their needs.
13. I have obtained from my Son that all the members of the Confraternity of the Rosary should have the saints of heaven for brothers during their lives and at the hour of their death.
14. Those who recite my Rosary faithfully are all my beloved children, brothers and sisters of Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion to my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
The Holy Rosary is “the compendium of the whole Gospel”, said Pope Pius XII; it is the most beautiful summary of the history of salvation. Those who know the Rosary know the Gospel, know the life of Jesus and Mary, know their own path and eternal destiny. Pope Paul VI in the document “For the worship of the Blessed Virgin”, explicitly noted “the evangelical nature of the Rosary”, which puts the soul in direct contact with the genuine source of faith and salvation. He also noted “the distinctly Christological orientation” of the Rosary, which revives the mysteries of the Incarnation and Redemption operated by Jesus with Mary, to the salvation of man. Quite rightly, Pope Paul VI also renews the recommendation never to miss, in the recitation of the Rosary, the contemplation of mysteries: “without it the Rosary is a body without a soul, and its recitation risks becoming mechanical repetition of formulas …. ” On the contrary, the Rosary fills souls with vitality who know how to do, in the recital, “the joy of the messianic times, the salvific pain of Christ, the glory of the risen that floods the Church” (Marialis cultus, 44-49). If man’s life is a continuous intertwining of hopes, sorrows and joys, in the Rosary it finds its most perfect collocation of grace: Our Lady helps to assimilate our life to that of Jesus, just as she did that she shared every offering, every suffering, every glory of the Son. If man has so much need of mercy, the Rosary gets it to him with the plea always repeated to each Ave Maria: “Holy Mary … pray for us sinners …”; he also receives it with the gift of holy indulgence, which can be plenary once a day, if the Rosary is recited before the Blessed Sacrament. Sacrament or in common (in the family, at school, in a group …), as long as one is confessed and communicated. The Rosary is a treasure of mercy placed by the Church in the hands of every believer. Don’t be wasted!