- The image is miraculously imprinted on a tilma, a coarse fabric that is not normally suitable for painting. The tilma was made of agave fibers and was woven by the Aztecs. It is a very fragile material that is easily torn or damaged. However, the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe has been miraculously preserved for over 500 years, despite being exposed to the elements and being handled by millions of people.
- The image is of a young woman with indigenous features. The Aztecs were a native people of Mexico, and they had their own beliefs and customs. When the Spanish arrived in Mexico, they tried to convert the Aztecs to Christianity. However, the Aztecs were reluctant to give up their own beliefs. The image of Our Lady of Guadalupe, with her indigenous features, helped to bridge the gap between the Spanish and the Aztecs. It showed the Aztecs that Mary was also their mother, and that she understood their culture and their pain.
- The image has many miraculous qualities. The image has been known to heal the sick, to convert the non-believers, and to bring peace and comfort to those who are troubled. There have been many documented cases of miracles attributed to the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
- The image has been scientifically analyzed and its authenticity has been confirmed. In 1979, a team of scientists from the National Autonomous University of Mexico conducted a series of tests on the image. The tests showed that the image was not painted, but was miraculously imprinted on the tilma. The scientists also found that the image contained pollen from flowers that are native to Mexico, but that were not in bloom at the time the image was created.
- The image has been approved by the Catholic Church. In 1931, Pope Pius XI declared that the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe was authentic and that it was worthy of veneration. The image of Our Lady of Guadalupe is now one of the most popular Marian images in the world. It is a symbol of hope, faith, and love for millions of people around the world.
These are just a few of the reasons why the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe is considered to be of divine nature. The image is a powerful reminder of God’s love for all people, regardless of their race, ethnicity, or beliefs. It is a source of comfort and hope for those who are struggling, and it is a reminder that God is always with us.