The Assumption of Mary is a Catholic dogma that teaches that the Virgin Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ, was taken body and soul into heaven after her death. This dogma was proclaimed by Pope Pius XII in 1950.
There are many reasons why Catholics believe that Mary was assumed into heaven on bodily form. Here are 5 of them:
- Mary was sinless. Catholics believe that Mary was sinless from the moment of her conception. This is because she was conceived without original sin, the stain of sin that we all inherit from Adam and Eve. Since Mary was sinless, she did not need to be purified in purgatory before entering heaven.
- Mary was united to Christ in a special way. Catholics believe that Mary was united to Christ in a special way, both during her life on earth and after her death. This is because she was the mother of Jesus, and she was also chosen to be the co-redemptrix of the human race. As the co-redemptrix, Mary shared in the work of redemption that Jesus accomplished on the cross.
- Mary was promised by Jesus that she would be with Him in heaven. In the Gospel of John, Jesus tells Mary, “Woman, behold your son.” He then tells his disciple John, “Behold your mother.” (John 19:26-27) This passage is often interpreted to mean that Jesus was giving Mary to John as his mother, and that He was also promising her that she would be with Him in heaven.
- There is a long tradition of belief in the Assumption of Mary. The belief in the Assumption of Mary has been around for centuries. There are many early Christian writings that mention the Assumption, and there have been many Marian apparitions that have also spoken about it.
- The Assumption of Mary is a source of hope and inspiration for Catholics. The Assumption of Mary is a reminder that we too can be united to Christ in heaven, if we live our lives in a way that is pleasing to Him. It is also a source of hope for those who have lost loved ones, knowing that they are now in the presence of God.
The Assumption of Mary is a beautiful and inspiring dogma that has been a source of faith and hope for Catholics for centuries. It is a reminder of Mary’s special place in the life of the Church, and it is a source of comfort for those who have lost loved ones.
Medjugorje Message, February 2, 2016 – In Apparitions to Mirjana Our Lady told the Visionaries that She was “Assumed” into Heaven
“Dear children, I have called you and am calling you anew to come to know my Son, to come to know the truth. I am with you and am praying for you to succeed. My children, you must pray much in order to have all the more love and patience; to know how to endure sacrifice and to be poor in spirit. Through the Holy Spirit, my Son is always with you. His Church is born in every heart that comes to know Him. Pray that you can come to know my Son; pray that your soul may be one with Him. That is the prayer and the love which draws others and makes you my apostles. I am looking at you with love, with a motherly love. I know you; I know your pain and sorrows, because I also suffered in silence. My faith gave me love and hope. I repeat, the Ressurection of my Son and my Assumption into Heaven is hope and love for you. Therefore, my children, pray to come to know the truth; to have firm faith which will lead your heart and which will transform your pain and sufferings into love and hope. Thank you. ”