Holy water is a liquid that has been blessed by a priest or bishop. It is used by Catholics in a variety of ways, including to protect themselves from evil.
The Catholic Church teaches that holy water is a sign of God’s grace and protection. It is believed to have the power to drive away evil spirits and to bless people, places, and objects.
There are many ways that Catholics use holy water to protect themselves from the devil. Here are a few examples:
- Sprinkle holy water around your home. This is a common way to protect your home from evil spirits. You can also sprinkle holy water on yourself or on your loved ones to protect them from harm.
- Drink holy water. Some Catholics believe that drinking holy water can help to protect them from illness and from the devil.
- Use holy water to bless objects. You can use holy water to bless objects in your home, such as door frames, windows, and religious images. This can help to protect these objects from evil spirits.
- Make the sign of the cross with holy water. Making the sign of the cross with holy water is a way to invoke God’s protection. You can do this whenever you feel threatened by evil.
It is important to remember that holy water is not a magical object. It is simply a tool that we can use to ask for God’s help in protecting ourselves from evil. If we use it with faith and devotion, it can be a powerful source of grace and protection.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about holy water and its use against the devil:
- Holy water is not a guarantee of protection from evil. It is simply a tool that we can use to ask for God’s help.
- We should not rely solely on holy water for protection from evil. We should also live our lives in a way that is pleasing to God and that avoids sin.
- If we are ever feeling threatened by evil, we should pray for God’s help and guidance. We can also ask a priest or deacon to bless us with holy water.
ABOUT DRINKING HOLY WATER
There is no biblical basis that says drinking holy water is a sin. In fact, as a powerful sacramental, it can be used to bless virtually anything. As such, it’s perfectly alright to drink holy water as long as it came from a hygienic source.