Skip to content
In the Old Testament, the Ark of the Covenant was a sacred chest that contained the Ten Commandments, a pot of manna, and Aaron’s rod. It was a symbol of God’s presence among his people.
In the New Testament, the Virgin Mary is often called the Ark of the New Covenant. This is because she carried Jesus Christ in her womb, who is the fulfillment of the Old Testament law and the new covenant of grace.
There are several parallels between the Ark of the Covenant and the Virgin Mary. Both are made of precious materials: the Ark was made of gold and acacia wood, and Mary was a virgin of immaculate conception. Both are symbols of God’s presence: the Ark contained the Ten Commandments, which were a sign of God’s covenant with his people, and Mary carried Jesus Christ, who is the embodiment of God’s love for humanity.
The Ark of the Covenant was a powerful symbol of God’s presence in the Old Testament. It was a source of great hope and comfort for the Israelites. In the New Testament, the Virgin Mary is even more powerful symbol of God’s presence. She is the mother of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. She is the one who brought God to us in the flesh.
The Virgin Mary is a reminder that God is always with us. She is a source of hope and comfort for us in times of trouble. She is the one who can help us to grow in our relationship with God.
Here are some additional thoughts on why the Virgin Mary is considered the Ark of the New Covenant:
- The Ark of the Covenant was kept in the Holy of Holies, the most sacred place in the Temple. Mary is also considered to be a holy place, because she was the dwelling place of God in the flesh.
- The Ark of the Covenant was a source of protection for the Israelites. Mary is also a source of protection for her children, both physically and spiritually.
- The Ark of the Covenant was a symbol of hope for the Israelites. Mary is also a symbol of hope for us, because she is the mother of the Messiah.
The Virgin Mary is a powerful and important figure in the Catholic faith. She is the Ark of the New Covenant, and she is a source of great hope and comfort for us.
- FR. LEON SEES VIRGIN MARY ARRIVE ON GOLDEN BALL (HIS INCREDIBLE ENCOUNTER WITH MARY)
- MEDJUGORJE: THIS WILL HAPPEN TO SO MANY PEOPLE (BE READY FOR WHAT IS COMING)