Fr. Stephen Rossetti is a Catholic priest and exorcist for the Archdiocese of Washington, D.C. He is also the author of the book “Diary of an American Exorcist: Demons, Possession, and the Modern Day Battle against Ancient Evil.”
In his book, Fr. Rossetti discusses the reality of demonic invasions of homes. He says that these invasions can happen for a variety of reasons, such as the presence of sin, occult activity, or simply a lack of faith.
He also offers important advice on how to protect our homes. The Queen of Peace has also spoken of the activities of the demonic world which seek to enter our homes. From the beginning of the apparitions, Our Lady recommended that we carry on ourselves, and place in our homes objects blessed by a priest. She asked that we renew the use of holy and exorcised water.
Fr. Rossetti says that there are a number of things that people can do to protect their homes from demonic invasion. These include:
- Living a holy life. This means avoiding sin and practicing the Catholic faith.
- Praying regularly. This includes praying the Rosary, the Divine Mercy Chaplet, and other prayers of protection.
- Using sacramentals. Sacramentals are objects that have been blessed by a priest and have the power to ward off evil. Some common sacramentals include holy water, blessed salt, and the St. Benedict medal.
- Keeping a clean and orderly home. This is important because demons are attracted to chaos and disorder.
Fr. Rossetti also says that it is important to remember that God is always with us and that he will protect us from evil. He encourages people to trust in God’s protection and to not be afraid of demonic activity.
In addition to the above, Fr. Rossetti also emphasizes the importance of discernment. He says that it is important to be able to distinguish between genuine demonic activity and other things that may be causing problems, such as mental illness or emotional distress. He also says that it is important to seek professional help if you are experiencing demonic activity.
Fr. Rossetti’s insights into demonic invasions of homes and the powerful use of sacramentals for protection can be helpful for anyone who is concerned about evil in the world. By following his advice, we can help to protect ourselves and our families from the influence of Satan.
Here are some additional resources that you may find helpful:
- The Catholic Church’s Directory on Exorcism and Prayers to Free People from Diabolical Obsession
- The National Catholic Register’s article “How to Protect Your Home from Demons”
- The website of the Catholic Spiritual Warfare Network