It seems every major newspaper in the world is running negative frontpage headlines about the Catholic Church and Pope Francis. The most popular headline is: “Church facing greatest crisis in centuries.” These are serious times for the Church and for good reason. The abuse crisis and cover-ups should not be minimized.
But just for minute allow yourself to dream that every newspaper across the globe ran the following headline on their front pages: “Vatican investigation determines the Mother of Jesus Christ appears to six children in Bosnia / Herzegovina. Arrives from Heaven with message of peace.”
Importantly, THIS IS EXACTLY what the Church is saying right now through the Papal Envoy in Medjugorje. The Papal Envoy is not in Medjugorje to perpetuate a fantasy, he is there because the unsolved mystery of Medjugorje is bringing people back to the Church, particularly young people, in ways not seen in modern times. What is lost on the media, even with many Church officials in USA is that Medjugorje is the most investigated supernatural event in the history of the world.
Medjugorje is a real news story. It is a colossal event with historical ramifications.
With Medjugorje there are two great mysteries. 1.) The events themselves i.e. Our Lady appearing on earth to six visionaries with the message of peace. 2.) That this great unsolved mystery is all but ignored by the world.
WHAT ROME IS SAYING:
- Vatican Envoy to Medjugorje compares Medjugorje, a site where the Virgin Mary has allegedly been appearing since 1981, to the already recognized shrines of Fatima and Lourdes.
- 2.The papal envoy has raised hopes that official confirmation of Medjugorje may also be in the works.
- The Message: “I believe that the message of peace, which is central here in Medjugorje, is intended for the whole world,” said Polish Archbishop Henryk Hose, appointed in May as “Apostolic Visitor” According to the prelate, the message allegedly being delivered in Medjugorje can be put at the same level as that delivered in the French city of Lourdes and the Portuguese city of Fatima. The last two have been recognized by the Vatican as worthy of belief for over a century.
- Medjugorje Lourdes, Fatima…“These are certainly the three greatest pilgrimage sites. Here we have two and a half million pilgrims a year.
- The commission established by Pope Benedict XVI to study the alleged apparitions of Mary at Medjugorje, Bosnia-Herzegovina, reportedly voted overwhelmingly to recognise as supernatural the first seven appearances of Mary in 1981.
- “You can say to the whole world that there is a light with Medjugorje and you can find the light again. We need these spots of light in the world that is going down to darkness. So friends, be carries of this joyful news.